The first time your heart was torn from your chest,
You thought you were dying.
You knew you could not live with the empty space.
So you replaced your heart with metaphors
And set out to create a world where the metaphor was unbreakable.
Now look what you’ve done—
You can’t breathe so you write.
You can’t hurt so you drink rum and pour our pirate chanties.
You can’t want revenge so you leave.
When I see you I have two thoughts:
You are the reason The Smith’s wrote songs,
And my god, you are beautiful.
You are so beautiful
Blinking stars go blind.
But I can see this is going to get ugly.
The metaphors don’t make you feel whole anymore.
You sell out your deepest insecurities for a handful of laughs.
This life has you wound so tight you make grandfather clocks look relaxed.
You hold your body like banks hold money—all locked up.
Your shoulders are glass rocks waiting for the next attack.
But you’ve got it all wrong.
You don’t survive history.
History survives you.
There is no breakthrough without breakdown.
If you’re going to break, shatter.
No limp-legged dog excuses.
No messing with this bullet proof vest fury
So popular with the cops and the presidents.
You’ve got to break like Texas.
You’ve got to take the pain from the safety valve of your heart
And return it to your fists.
Fight your better judgment ‘till you’re sinister again,
‘till your body remembers what it already knows how to do—
and manifest grief.
Scream torches ‘till you embarrass the enlightened.
Please. No more polite conversations with your death wish.
Give it something useful to do.
Change your life.
Cause I can’t stand to see you like this.
So blue, my eyes turn green in your presence.
Listen—you are so beautiful,
Grass pushes through sidewalk cracks just to kiss your feet.
Maybe no one ever told you,
But the heart is a metaphor.
Yours is growing so strong
You’ll have your rhythm back any day now—
Loving like rumours spread.
Dreaming like lunatic spacemen jump from their suits.
Living like you never forgot how.
- virginesuicides reblogged this from spitinmymouthandcallmebaby
- daydreamer-nightscreamer likes this
- never-a-commonplace-thing reblogged this from wordsforspring
- lightandedges reblogged this from gemblackthorn
- gemblackthorn reblogged this from abundanceofme
- thomasdelonges likes this
- tristezza likes this
- craughed likes this
- nefariae reblogged this from theperksofbeingapsycho
- abundanceofme reblogged this from fyeahheistverse
- yumandcoke25 likes this
- cuddlewithacorpse reblogged this from yourefuckingdeadtome
- numbingpeace likes this
- reblobdump reblogged this from gypsyinhersoul
- beckkie likes this
- effasharkey likes this
- herheavingheart likes this
- lunapisces likes this
- ohsosilent likes this
- shutuplaura likes this
- iamthedroidyourlookingfor reblogged this from suncisco
- enchantedwith1d likes this
- suishotomoe likes this
- uniquelythirteen reblogged this from suncisco
- suncisco reblogged this from flowerina
- sweet-moods reblogged this from c-est-la-vie-de-merde
- darkgreenleen reblogged this from hollowtowers
- call-me-merlin reblogged this from hollowtowers
- writinggypsy likes this
- writinggypsy reblogged this from wordsforspring
- georgiaagirl likes this
- michellezarco likes this
- lovelifeandwrite reblogged this from georgiaagirl
- lovelifeandwrite likes this
- georgiaagirl reblogged this from cutting-daisies
- venominthehoney likes this
- singingaboutpeace likes this
- denyselfandfollowchrist likes this
- mambosawakels likes this
- kulturnation reblogged this from singingaboutpeace
- cutting-daisies reblogged this from hollowtowers
- singingaboutpeace reblogged this from f-r-e-c-k-l-e-d
- sitbeforeflowers reblogged this from hollowtowers
- hollowtowers reblogged this from cerealboxshakespeare
- falselimits reblogged this from bring-me-lavender
- less-is-not-deprivation reblogged this from wordsforspring
- oncewas-nowis-tobe reblogged this from idrris
- thisshore reblogged this from theperksofbeingapsycho